Sacrifice
Sacrifice
As of late, life has been "give and take." In order for me to move forward I must let go of something, sometimes of less importance, others some simplance of me. Every move, every day. I shed a bit of myself. I hardly see myself in the mirror anymore. I guess that's what growth means. I get scared, of course I get scared, but I know this is the way.
I know more changes are on the way, and I must find my footing so that I can bare it all. Feel it all, no matter how hard it might be. Perhaps, I might not even notice it. Perhaps, one day I'll wake up and just be. That it'll hit me that I'm not where I once was. I'm me, but I'm not the girl, the woman I once was. That I stepped out of one life, and entered another unknowingly. That is my wish. That the ebb and flow just takes me, that I can for once move without resistance. Move without an urge to run back to what I know, even if all I knew was pain and hardships. At least I was use to it, it was my familiar.
I can feel the change coming, like a rumbling beneath my feet, a countdown to the unknown. I welcome it, despite it all. I welcome it. I am willing to let go. Let go of all that I know for the unknown for that next stage of my life, because I know this is not my life. The bed I sleep in is not mine. The house I live in is not my home. The roads I travel no longer welcome me and I no longer welcome it. I will sacrifice it all. I will give it my all, because that is all I have left, and I am even willing to give what is left of me as well. xx
As of late, life has been "give and take." In order for me to move forward I must let go of something, sometimes of less importance, others some simplance of me. Every move, every day. I shed a bit of myself. I hardly see myself in the mirror anymore. I guess that's what growth means. I get scared, of course I get scared, but I know this is the way.
I know more changes are on the way, and I must find my footing so that I can bare it all. Feel it all, no matter how hard it might be. Perhaps, I might not even notice it. Perhaps, one day I'll wake up and just be. That it'll hit me that I'm not where I once was. I'm me, but I'm not the girl, the woman I once was. That I stepped out of one life, and entered another unknowingly. That is my wish. That the ebb and flow just takes me, that I can for once move without resistance. Move without an urge to run back to what I know, even if all I knew was pain and hardships. At least I was use to it, it was my familiar.
I can feel the change coming, like a rumbling beneath my feet, a countdown to the unknown. I welcome it, despite it all. I welcome it. I am willing to let go. Let go of all that I know for the unknown for that next stage of my life, because I know this is not my life. The bed I sleep in is not mine. The house I live in is not my home. The roads I travel no longer welcome me and I no longer welcome it. I will sacrifice it all. I will give it my all, because that is all I have left, and I am even willing to give what is left of me as well. xx

Comments
Post a Comment